[Qt-creator] QtCreator customization: creating new project wizard, Kit and device configuration (creating an Ubuntu SDK plugin)

Daniel Teske daniel.teske at digia.com
Thu Jan 17 12:40:26 CET 2013

> 1) Being able to create a "New Ubuntu project" (since Ubuntu projects
> utilize Ubuntu QML components): to do this I need to understand how
> QtCreator wizards are created. Where can I find more informations
> about it? I know, there is source code, but it's not a small project
>
> :P if you can point me to some documentation I would apreciate it :)
The documentation is here: http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtcreator-extending/
That does contain some information but quite possible not everything you need
to know.

> 3) Adding a "Add new Ubuntu Device" in Options->Devices: so people
> will be able to add it. For the moment what we need is not different
> from what "Generic Linux Device" already offers, but I'd like to know
> how to customize it, just in case we will need something different in
> the future. Which part of the code do I have to customize?
By creating your own devicefactory.

> 4) Can/must the 3 previous steps be implemented with a specific
> "Ubuntu plugin" (just like the BlackBerry one for example) or I must
> modify QtCreator source code here and there?
All of that should be implementable in a plugin, but the experience shows that
every new target needs some adjustments in the general code.

daniel