[Qt-creator] QtCreator customization: creating new project wizard, Kit and device configuration (creating an Ubuntu SDK plugin)

Christian Kandeler christian.kandeler at digia.com
Tue Jan 22 10:21:12 CET 2013

On 01/22/2013 02:07 AM, a.grandi at gmail.com wrote:
>>> 3) Adding a "Add new Ubuntu Device" in Options->Devices: so people
>>> will be able to add it. For the moment what we need is not different
>>> from what "Generic Linux Device" already offers, but I'd like to know
>>> how to customize it, just in case we will need something different in
>>> the future. Which part of the code do I have to customize?
>>

>> There was some code using avahi to discover devices... maybe somebody could
>> brush that up. *hint*
>>
>> Devices are derived from the IDevice class. They are constructed by an
>> IDeviceFactory.
>
> no, probably I didn't explain it very well. I don't need a way to
> automatically discover/detect a device (well... it would not hurt :P
> ), I'm
> asking what I should do to customize the QtCreator dialog window that
> appear when you click on "Add" button.
>
> Actually I've these choices:
>
> - Generic Linux Device
> - Maemo5/Fremantle
> - MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan
> - Blackberry Device
> - QNX Device
>
> How to add "Ubuntu Phone device" for example?
> How to customize the dialog window that comes after you click on "Start Wizard"?
> Is there a template I can modify, like I did for the project wizard?

As Daniel has already mentioned, this is supposed to happen in a
dedicated plugin by subclassing ProjectExplorer::IDevicefactory and
possibly IDevice itself, depending on whether you need to hold
additional data. The wizards can get arbitrarily complex (see the
Harmattan one, for instance), so templates don't seem to be all that
helpful here.

Christian