[Qt-creator] Planning Qt Creator 2.8 + 0.1

Thomas Meyer public at meyer-thomas.com
Fri Jun 14 09:35:14 CEST 2013

Hi!

Am 13.06.2013 20:15, schrieb Jan Krause:
> Hi all,
>
> it would be great if QtC could be better used as a framework for
> developing applications with different background (e.g. modeling,
> engineering, verification, test generation, etc.); similiar to eclipse
> but easier and much more beutiful ... :)
>
> I think the most is done. The plugins are clear and with some more
> documentation it is very easy to implement own plugins. With the new
> multi-monitor support, I think all features are available for using QtC
> as an application framework building nice apps with a very good user
> experience...
>
> But for this case some must-use-plugins (core, projectexplorer, welcome)
> should be implemented with a more clearly defined functionality; e.g. I
> don't need kits, compilers, etc. for my projects but I need the other
> functions of the projectexplorer-plugin. There are some more similiar
> issues, also within other plugins...I think, it is not much to do, but
> maybe some plugin-redesign is necessary...Also, it is really an option,
> that I'm totally wrong...
True. I have disabled all plugins, so I have a "simple" but comfortable
text editor.
I have enabled the ProjectExplorer, to have the nice 'Sessions',
'Sessions Manager' and so on.
But I don't need the disabled 'Build' and 'Debug' menu, the compile
output at the bottom, on the
left side the build and run icon, the 'Non-Qt Project' templates or the
'Build &Run' options .
All what I want to do is, to put all the text files (or later image
files) into a project (session).
That would be perfect. :-)
(for now ;-) )

The only thing what I can do for now is, to change the
'Project-Explorer' plugin (I hope).

> But, I know, it is not the major focus of QtC being an application
> framework...but maybe...;)
>
> Thx for QtC, its really the best all time C++IDE...
>
> Cheers
> Jan

So please give it a try.
Thanks,