[Qt-creator] Locator mix search result from multiple projects in one session

Nikolai Kosjar nikolai.kosjar at digia.com
Fri Oct 4 09:28:27 CEST 2013

On 10/04/2013 09:04 AM, hatred wrote:
> After indexing finish I invoke locator (Ctrl-K) and type (for example):
> : CThread
> and I observe two CThreads classes: one from first porject, onther from
> second project.
>
> Is it bug, known bug or a feature?

It's more like a feature, so you are able to quickly jump to all symbols
of all loaded projects.

If these filters would be project-specific, you would need to change the
current project each time you want to locate some symbols of another
project, which would slow you down, especially if multiple distinct
projects (possibly with dependencies) are involved.

You might want to use sessions to separate different project versions.

Nikolai