[Qt-creator] Locator mix search result from multiple projects in one session

Ziller Eike Eike.Ziller at digia.com
Fri Oct 4 09:35:07 CEST 2013

On 04.10.2013, at 09:04, hatred <adrozdoff at gmail.com>
 wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I create empty session and add first project to the session. Indexing has been started.
> While indexing of first project is in progress I add second project.
>
> This two projects is a two branches in perforce tree. So it has a lot of similar classes.
>
> After indexing finish I invoke locator (Ctrl-K) and type (for example):
> : CThread
> and I observe two CThreads classes: one from first porject, onther from second project.
>
> Is it bug, known bug or a feature?

I'd claim it is a feature that it includes symbols from outside your current project (e.g. from included library headers),
and I'd say it makes sense if two loaded projects create different symbols, even if they have the same name.
Though it probably is a missing feature to be able to restrict it, similar to the 'a' and the 'c' filters for files.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt

Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius