[Qt-creator] Remote GDB debugging.

Tim Hutt tdhutt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:39:59 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to do some remote GDB debugging of a program running on an ARM
microcontroller.

I've flashed the program to the chip (so it's already running) and then
started the Segger GDB server, which is a GDB server that listens on a
local port for connections.

How do I tell Qt Creator to connect to that GDB server?

I got as far as Debug->Start Debugging->Attached to remote debug server,
however it wants me to specify an executable, working directory and so on
and won't let me proceed without them. Shouldn't there be an option "[X]
Program is already running" or something?

I put in a random executable to run and it connected ok, however I'm not
sure how to supply the debug information that is necessary for this to work.

Any help appreciated - I don't want to have to resort to using Eclipse!

Cheers,

Tim