[Qt-creator] Refactoring the CMake plugin

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 08:53:24 CEST 2014

Tobias Hunger wrote:

> Yes, they are willing to add new new generators so
> that IDEs can consume the results of cmake runs more easily, but from
> the little I heard there is little love for adding features that are
> not necessary to build files per se.

I have no idea what you are referring to. Readers shouldn't treat it as
truth just because you said it :). Lorenz, if you need information or
features from CMake, then the CMake mailing list is the place to say what
you need.

At least CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS (designed by clang developers for
clang tooling) is a counter example for what you wrote.

Thanks,

Steve.