[Qt-creator] Bad performance ClangCodeModel plugin

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu May 15 11:18:28 CEST 2014

On Thursday 15 May 2014 06:51:47 Sergey Shambir wrote:
> Create precompiled header and use it to improve performance. Existing
> precompiled header can be enabled for clang model in project settings
> (Ctrl+5) / tab "Clang Settings".
>
> Precompiled header can contain either several C++ standard library
> like <QtCore>, <QtGui>. Too much headers in PCH can drop perfomance again.

I haven't looked into the implementation of QtCreator's clang plugin so far,
but don't you guys cache the CXTranslationUnit for the open file(s)? In my
experience with KDevelop's clang plugin, calling clang_codeCompleteAt on the
cached CXTranslationUnit is extremely fast even without manual creation of
PCH. But we do pass CXTranslationUnit_CacheCompletionResults and
CXTranslationUnit_PrecompiledPreamble to the initial call to
clang_parseTranslationUnit.

Anyhow, maybe you do that already and something else is going on here. Just
wanted to mention this. Hope it helps!