[Qt-creator] Why QtC does not use QDockWidget for most tool-panel

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:39:10 CEST 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM, Hunger Tobias <
Tobias.Hunger at theqtcompany.com> wrote:

> <snip>
> > This whould not hurt anyone.
>
> This would hurt *everyone*.
>
> Everyone has less screen space for the important stuff. I routinely demo Qt
> Creator on screens with 1024x768 pixels. Try that with the competition that
> wastes screen space drawing drag handles around everything:-)
>
> You will also get lots of people wasting time on fiddling with the UI
> instead of
> getting their work done.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tobias

Does docking require lots of code in QtC? Seems like you derive from a
different
base class and then everything works by *magic*.

Docking could be locked by default so default behavior would be the same,
but
for those who want to arrange windows, there would be a possibility.

QtC is open source though, somebody could try it out and submit a
contribution!

Cheers,
Cristian.