[Qt-creator] Why QtC does not use QDockWidget for most tool-panel

Prav pr12og2 at programist.ru
Fri Apr 8 21:50:09 CEST 2016

Hunger Tobias, let's skip phylosophy and feelings. This is unconstructive. For example:
>If I did hurt your feelings, then I do want to apologize for that.
You did not. Nothing to apologize. I am not discussing feeling in any way here. Only facts, problems, ideas ... something real/non-phylosophical.
Your first letter of this thread was quite constructive in like showing how to act in certain use-cases. This was helpfull ... let's keep it this way.

Could you please adress my real questions and statements from previous letter?
Here they are again (you can get context from previos letter):

1) I don't get how you are going to use extra space of another monitor without undocking from main window.
Can you explain this?

2)
> Tons of usability questions were moved from the developers (who should care
> about them) to the users (who should not).
This does not mean that devs do not prepare default layout of panels and everything else for modes.
Idea is to make this layouts changeble by user to allow usability in more use-cases.

3)
> Creator on screens with 1024x768 pixels. Try that with the competition that
> wastes screen space drawing drag handles around everything:-)
QtC already solved docked windows header problems as you may be know for currently undockable windows.
I do not get why you mentioned this as an issue.

4)
> You will also get lots of people wasting time on fiddling with the UI instead of getting their work done.
Why? You are not forced to layout anything before "getting work done".
Those who want layout differently ... can do it.