[Qt-creator] 'Custom' projects and Kits

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 20 21:47:19 CET 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 5:00 PM, Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Tue, 2016-12-20 at 16:49 +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> I was initially not sure wether I could figure out the macro-expander
>> thing, but it turned out its dead easy :)
>>
>> So I've opened up two separate reviews:
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180499/
>> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/180500/
>
> Thanks for taking the time to fix these issues! The patches look fine, so please
> go ahead and hit the "submit" button:-) We leave that to the author of a patch:
> Sometimes dependencies are complex and the author usually knows best in which
> order patches need to get merged.

Will do so once the latest revisions are reviewed, thanks for the
quick turnaround.

>> I'm also wondering wether it would be feasible to let the QtSupport
>> plugin provide some more macros such that one does not need to
>> manually care about the different include directories on different
>> platforms. Some macro like <QtModule>_INCLUDE_DIR or so for each Qt
>> module. Right now I do not share the .includes file across machines,
>> but having such a macro would make that possible.
>
> Sure it is:-)
>
> I am not sure the <QtModule>_INCLUDE_DIR is readily available in Creator though.
> But anything in Tools>Options>Build & Run>Qt Versions>Whatever version>Details
> should be easy to add.

Well, the interesting ones (for my use-case) from that page are
already available as far as I can see from BaseQtVersion, in
particular QT_INSTALL_HEADERS and QT_INSTALL_LIBS. If my understanding
is correct that should also work for a cross-compile project. So
that'll get me a big step forward for now.

Andreas