[Qt-creator] Feature branch request: Fossil SCM integration plugin

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Nov 16 13:08:15 CET 2016

> On Nov 16, 2016, at 12:07 AM, Artur Shepilko <nomadbyte at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> Would like to request a new feature branch (wip/fossil-scm) for a VCS
> plugin which integrates Fossil SCM (http://fossil-scm.org) into
> QtCreator. Also ready to push for review a Fossil plugin
> implementation.
>
> The Fossil plugin implementation was adapted from Bazaar plugin.
> We've been using the plugin internally for some time with different
> QtCreator versions and recently released it publicly. But it would
> make it more practical and accessible if it were available directly
> from QtCreator releases.
>
> Most recent released version it was adapted for is QtCreator-4.1.0.
> Currently released Fossil plugin code (MIT license) is at:
> https://github.com/nomadbyte/qtcreator-plugin-fossil
>
> For the requested wip/fossil-scm branch the Fossil plugin code was
> adapted so it builds with current QtCreator master branch
> (http://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/commit/?id=e37539a16c5c1990c47d3d95655fb0855e3a7e6a)
>
> Also the copyright was changed to QtCreator's standard version
> (LICENSE.GPL3-EXCEPT), again similar to Bazaar plugin.
>
> Please advise how to proceed to push it into wip/fossil-scm or other
> branch for the review.

Hello and welcome!

We have created a repository qt-creator/plugin-fossil-scm for you on gerrit:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/admin/projects/qt-creator/plugin-fossil-scm

You can clone this repository (see information on the above page), create a commit, and then push to codereview/gerrit.
After you pushed to codereview, please also enter Tobias Hunger as a reviewer, who is the official maintainer of the other version control system integrations, and can probably give helpful feedback :)

If you are new to contributing to the Qt Project:
For the details on how to contribute through codereview/gerrit, please see
Gerrit setup: https://wiki.qt.io/Setting_up_Gerrit
Gerrit introduction: https://wiki.qt.io/Gerrit_Introduction
And don’t hesitate to ask on IRC: #qt-creator on freenode

We want to start modularizing the Qt Creator repository, so not everything is pushed into the main repository.

First goal is to provide a place on codereview and code.qt.io for “add-on” plugins, and a “super” repository, which has the main Qt Creator repository and add-on plugin repositories as submodules.
This way making it much easier to find and build add-on plugins.

As a second step we also want to build and provide binaries of the add-on plugins for download.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer