[Qt-creator] Qt Creator Sharing Project Configurations

Christoph Mathys eraserix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 09:48:35 CET 2016

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:37 AM, Tobias Hunger <Tobias.Hunger at qt.io> wrote:
> On Di, 2016-09-27 at 21:04 -0700, Sanchez, Jack wrote:
>> Is there a way to build a kit which generates a common GUID and/or
>> assigning the GUID to a user's kit (git-hooks and scripts?) in order to
>> trick the system into reading these shared settings?
>
> The only way to force GUIDs for the kits is the sdktool.

Anything wrong with just copying the respective files
({profiles,debuggers,toolchains,cmaketools}.xml) into
~/.config/QtProject/qtcreator? This way, I get to preconfigure all
kits that we use and anyone that needs to setup a new project can
hardcode the guid into the projects .user file.

Is there a global (readonly) place to store this information?

Thanks,
Christoph