[Qt-creator] 4.3 Beta with CMake Server Integration Feedback (II)

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:19:56 CET 2017

Hi Mike,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have been trying the nightly builds. Typically I need to delete the
> CMakeLists.txt.user from my project directory to get a successful
> configuration. The first time QtCreator tries to run cmake something exits
> with error code -1.

The only way the cmake server may exit with error code -1 is that the
socket can not get created. I worked on that today, but the patches
are still on gerrit.

For now you could make sure to delete the socket in the build directory:-)

> I try the configuration step again and things seem to
> work. When change the executable to be run through the normal button on the
> left side I get 3 "versions" of every target, for example, DREAM3D,
> DREAM3D2,DREAM3D3.

Oh, I did not notice that yet. Can I download that project somewhere
so I can try it? Maybe it is something in the CMakeLists.txt.

> I have cmake 3.7.2 installed. This is on OS X 10.10.5 with Xcode 7.2.1
> tooling.
>
> Thanks for all the hard work on this. It looks like it is coming along
> nicely and will be a great addition to QtCreator.

Thank you for testing and providing feedback!

Best Regards,
Tobias