[Qt-creator] QtCreator 4.3 Beta and CMake 3.7.x Server Mode Slowness

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Thu Mar 30 16:55:43 CEST 2017

On Wed, 2017-03-29 at 15:32 -0400, Mike Jackson wrote:
> > I did look into the duplicate Source Directories you reported today.
> > Those are caused by the same target being listed for different
> > projects, but so far I could not see how those targets ended up in
> > different projects. I think that is not even allowed in cmake, IIRC
> > the target names need to be unique per build system. I will need to
> > check the docs again to make sure though.
> >
> > I need to think about what to do in such a situation. It will probably
> > be best to mark up the targets as "project::target" or something and
> > keep them separate.
>
> I would vote for that just to help us clean up our CMake codes. If we
> have something messed up that the other generators deal better with
> (Althrough the Xcode generator would show similar issues) then it would
> be a big help for us.

I asked on the cmake list and they pointed here:

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.8/policy/CMP0002.html

So having the same target name below different project names in one bigger build
system is a bug. Technically I would feel fine to just ignore the issue, but
then I will keep getting bug reports about broken cmake projects going forward.
There seem to be a lot of those out there:-).

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 144331 B