[Qt-creator] QtC 4.3 cmake-servermode feature - how to disable that?

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon May 29 11:02:48 CEST 2017

Hi Mapron,

Am 28.05.2017 16:20 schrieb "mapron" <mapron at yandex.ru>:

I was happy user of QtC cmake support until update to 4.3.0 release. I have
cmake 3.8 (and I don't want to downgrade to 3.6) for my project.

After cmake configuration, all project tree is messed up - instead of
directory tree with multilevels, I have tons of targets, and pseudo-targets
(with no files in list), no logical structure, It's awful! I hadn't find
the way how to disable "servermode support", can you help me?

That is how cmake sees your project:-)

The only way I can think of is to use a wrapper script that removes the
server mode flag from cmake -E capabilities output.

I do plan to remove the non-server-mode support at some point. Probably
when most Linux distributions ship with a server-mode enabled cmake binary.

This is blocking me from upgrade to 4.3 release.

That is unfortunate:-(

Some information: I have around 200 targets, *2 for cmake object libraries
(i cant dissable that), plus 5 cmake targets for each app bundle (~15), It
totally messed up!

So what do you want to see? How can I improve the tree for you?

I don't want to see all that (or at lest have multiple level groups like
MSVS generator does)

No idea what MSVS generator does:-(

Creator needs a view of how the build system thinks the project is
structured. "Project" is that view.

We have a lot of people that want a navigation view of the project, which
would need to be more configurable:-) I got a bug report for that open for
a long time now, but never got around to implement it.

Best regards,
Tobias