[Qt-creator] GSoC 2018: New feature proposal for Qt Creator

Sree Gowtham Josyula sreegowthamj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 12:38:12 CET 2018

Hi André & Everyone,

Thanks for showing interest in my suggestion. QTCREATORBUG-16246 is
indeed almost like what I had intended in my previous mail.

> * Would it be enough to have the files on a network share instead of rsync'ing them?
> * Is it really needed to have Clang running on the remote machine? Would it be enough to have access to the included headers on remote?

I think Network share you suggest is a good idea. It solves both of
the above issues. With network sharing, we wouldn't need rsync and we
wouldn't need to run clang on remote machine.

I will refine my initial proposal and put forth a more detailed
proposal considering your suggestions and more use-cases asap.
If you have any other thoughts and suggestions, kindly let me know.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gowtham
(Sree Gowtham Josyula)