[Qt-creator] Clang code model issues

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 15:08:13 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:35 PM Julius Bullinger <julius.bullinger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I wanted to say thanks and congratulations for the changes to the clang
> code model up until 4.9-rc1. I tested it quite intensively in the last
> days, and it seems like most of the reported issues have been fixed.
> It's still a tad slow on Windows, but 4.9-rc1 is the first version in
> which the CCM works at least as good as the old codel model.
>
> So thanks, Nikolai and Ivan especially, for your patience and hard work
> trying to fix the reported issues. It's really appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
> Julius

I wonder how slow "a tad slow on Windows" is?

I recently did some speed measurements on Windows
https://cristianadam.eu/20190318/speeding-up-libclang-on-windows/

I don't know if the 4.9-rc1 has fixed the Windows missing code model
debug messages, which you could use to find out how slow it is.

Qt Creator is saving the clang code model internal files in %temp%.
I noticed a speed bump if I used a ram drive to have the %temp% directory
saved
in memory, just like you would have on Linux with /tmp.

Cheers,
Cristian.