[Qt-creator] Unwanted interactions on selecting breakpoints

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu May 2 20:49:40 CEST 2019

On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 08:52:50AM +0000, Kuiper, Luuk wrote:
> Until recently I used version 3.0.1 of QtCreator.
>
> When I clicked on a breakpoint in the list of breakpoints, the breakpoint in the
> list was highlighted. Pressing the delete button removed the breakpoint from the
> list. It was also possible to select more than one break point by using the
> shift or control key.
>
> Now I am using version 4.2.0.

[Why? 4.9 is out...]

> As soon as I click on a breakpoint,

In the breakpoint view I presume?

> the cursor is moved to edit window to the
> line on which the breakpoint is placed. Pressing the delete button to delete the
> breakpoint does not delete the breakpoint anymore, but the character on the
> which the cursor is placed in the editor. Hence, my code is changed.  Trying to
> select more than one breakpoint results even in changing the active file in the
> editor window.
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1.       Is there a rationality to jump to the editor page? Double click would
> do the trick, wasn't it?

I cannot reproduce this with a contemporary Qt Creator and cannot build 4.2
out of the box with the Qt versions I have currently installed here.

> 2.       Is there a (configuration) way to switch back to the 'old' way of
> working with the debugger list?

No.

And I think it would not make sense to have a switch to switch off not intented
behaviour...

> If this is the way to go, I like to express that I don't like this change.

What kind of OS/Window manager are you using?

Andre'