[Qt-creator] Qt Creator 4.13 & clazy-standalone

Andy asmaloney at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 00:59:20 CEST 2020

On macOS 10.14.6, when I bring up the Preferences (Analyzer->Clang Tools)
I'm getting this in the console:

The command "/Users/maloney/dev/Trolltech/Qt-Release/Qt
Creator.app/Contents/Resources/libexec/clang/bin/clazy-standalone
-supported-checks-json dummy" terminated with exit code 1.
LLVM ERROR: CommonOptionsParser: failed to parse command-line arguments.
[CommonOptionsParser]: clazy-standalone: Unknown command line argument
'-supported-checks-json'.  Try: '/Users/maloney/dev/Trolltech/Qt-Release/Qt
Creator.app/Contents/Resources/libexec/clang/bin/clazy-standalone --help'
clazy-standalone: Did you mean '--stats-json'?

When I run the Qt Creator-included clazy I see these options do not exist
(also tried with --help-list and --help-list-hidden):

USAGE: clazy-standalone [options] <source0> [... <sourceN>]

Generic Options:

  --help                      - Display available options (--help-hidden
for more)
  --help-list                 - Display list of available options
(--help-list-hidden for more)
  --version                   - Display the version of this program

Was Qt Creator 4.13 shipped with an incorrect clazy-standalone version?

---
Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
twitter ~ @asmaloney <https://twitter.com/asmaloney>