[Qt-creator] Output pane in right side similar to splitView

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Mar 23 08:38:50 CET 2020

> On Mar 23, 2020, at 06:51, Vidhya Arun <svidhyapria at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes I did, but I had to map a widget with web page to it to render my ASCII contents
>
> This wasn’t possible directly with split view instead I could achieve it using rightPane widget.
>
> But the only problem I face here is, am creating a web view and mapping this web view to rightpane widget to render the HTML content, which is happening as per the expectation. But in addition , there is also a web browser window that gets opened every time whenever i open a new document.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

It is pretty unclear what you do without seeing actual code.
What do you mean with “rightPane widget”.
How do you create your “web view” and how do you open your content in it.

An editor can contain any widget. If you define an IEditor(Factory) with a custom ID, that can return any widget as its widget, be it a web view, a splitter with different views on the same content, … .

We have some editors that show how a custom editor with an internal “split” view could look like
- DiffEditor with content side by side with a split
- AndroidManifestEditor that can be switched between a textual editor and a form-style editor on the same data

The disadvantages with this approach are that it cannot be used on top of an existing editor type, e.g. it cannot be used to “enhance” a C++ editor, and that it doesn’t use the editor manager's split mechanics.

It should be possible to create a “view” on data in a separate split with a separate editor already now (*), but it certainly is not obvious how and we don’t have an existing example. I should probably just create one ;)

(*)  openEditorWithContents, with uniqueId and OpenInOtherSplit should provide the means for that.

Br, Eike

> Thanks
>

> On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 at 11:37 PM, Andre Hartmann <aha_1980 at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Vidhya,
>
> Have you already looked at the Side-by-Side DiffEditor? That seems to do exactly what you are looking for...
>
> Best regards,
> Andre
>
> Am Sonntag, 22. März 2020 schrieb Vidhya Arun:
> > Hello All
> >
> > I was able to achieve this using RightPane of Core Plugin.
> >

> > On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:00 PM, Vidhya Arun <svidhyapria at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to display the output pane that is in bottom of qt creator
> > > to the right side Similar to a split view ?
> > >
> > > I’m trying to create an ASCII preview pane and currently I have achieved
> > > it with the output pane in bottom. But the readability is not so efficient
> > > as in split view . I also tried to create a split view programattically but
> > > mapping the webenginepage in the splitview and mapping the contents of the
> > > editor in it seems to be not an easy job like how i did with output pane.
> > >
> > > Hence looking for a possibility to render the output pane similar to this
> > > split view. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Vidhya
> > >

> --
> Von meinem Jolla gesendet

Eike Ziller