[Qt-creator] clangd parsing time

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Wed Nov 10 16:52:54 CET 2021

> On Nov 10, 2021, at 15:13, Adam Light <aclight at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2021 at 12:12 AM Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:
>
>> Well, expected in the current state of clangd, though I'd say that it is a bug (and the issue for clangd is still "open", not rejected).
>> Unfortunately it is something that we cannot directly fix in Qt Creator, though we can try to help the clangd people.
>>
> One of the responses said "If there's progress I would say everything is working as expected...", so while it is open it doesn't seem that it's being treated with any urgency.
>
> I don't use Linux so I can't test, but it seems that indexing is faster on Linux? I'm curious to know how long it takes to index Creator's sources, if you know.

I can also confirm that it is much faster on Linux. In my Linux VM, with 4 cores, clangd uses 390% CPU and finishes in something like 45 minutes with the default worker thread setting, which is pretty exactly the time it takes to actually compile the same on that VM.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH