[Qt-interest] A WebKit question.

Arend van Beelen arendjr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:07:37 CET 2009

What you can do is access the DOM from JavaScript inside WebKit itself of
course. If you then really need the data on the C++ side of your
application, you can put all the relevant data in a JSON object which you
can parse in C++ again, using something like this:
http://flavio.castelli.name/qjson_qt_json_library

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 03:31, LIM Fung-Chai <lim.fung.chai at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu Mar 12 09:03:50 CET 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 12.03.09 11:04:11, LIM Fung-Chai wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I plan to develop a Qt application that will use WebKit to render
> (x)html
> > > documents.  I want to know how I can obtain an XPath expression of the
> > > selection.
> >
> > Qt doesn't expose the Webkit DOM or any other internals, so you simply
> > can't at the moment.
>
> I would appreciate any info on when the DOM will be accessible.  In
> the meantime, is there any work-around?  I tried to install a
> javascript onclick function, but couldn't get it to work because I
> don't understand the QWebFrame API.  Any pointer will be much
> appreciated.  TIA.
>
> Regards,
> Fung Chai.
>
> --
> FWIW: $\lnot \exists x \, {\rm Right} (x) \leftarrow \forall x \, {\rm
> Wrong} (x)$ \hfill -- Stephen Stills
>
> Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose -- Kris Kristofferson

Arend van Beelen jr.
"If you want my address, it's number one at the end of the bar."