[Qt-interest] [SOLVED] Re: Qt Creator Dies , Please Help !

Aaron Lewis aaron.lewis1989 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:11:15 CEST 2010

On 04/06/2010 06:59 PM, Jorge Abrines wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> I think QtCreator is messing up with Qt version (one you've built and
> the other from the system). Have you tried to lauch QtCreator from
> command line overriding  PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and QT_PLUGIN_PATH?
> e.g. assuming qt it's on /opt/qt4.6.2,
> export PATH=/opt/qt4.6.2/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/qt4.6.2/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> Think this is optional,

Even through i've already found the problem with my gentoo.

(Gentoo doesn't create a specify group for your new user account by
default, use users as primary group instead , but my old system doesn't
, so it causes permission problems , Qt Creator can't read help files in
~/.local/share .. can't remember exactly)

But still very happy to try with your method.

> export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qt4.6.2/plugins

This helps , actually i tried unset QT_PLUGIN_PATH , cause i got only Qt
Creator 1.3.1 binary tested , not the whole Qt SDK.

Thanks Jorge.

--
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0x4A6D32A0