[Qt-interest] What does '-developer-build' actually do?

Kustaa Nyholm Kustaa.Nyholm at planmeca.com
Mon Apr 12 10:06:28 CEST 2010

Hi

in building Qt lighthouse I came across the configure switch

-developer-build

Configure help lists this as:

"Compile and link Qt with Qt developer options (including auto-tests
exporting)"

and the Getting Wtarted with Lighthouse -page says:

" -developer-build makes a library that does not need to be installed
somewhere else, as well as setting some other developer-friendly options"

But what does it actually mean?

When it says it does not need to be installed somewhere else
what does that mean?

Do I still have to 'make install' it?

And if I do, where it goes?

Can I use '-prefix' with it?

Should I use '-prefix' with it?

If I don't install it how are my Qt programs supposed to find
the Qt libraries?

And shell find my tools?

Googling and looking inside 'configure' did not really enlighten me?

configure/make costing 4 hours / try does not really encourage me to
experiment...

br Kusti