[Qt-interest] Qt for the iPad?

Elfen pem.accounts.spam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 23:01:46 CEST 2010

I agree it is frustrating with Apple arbitrarily rejecting huge projects
like Qt and Adobe Flash...  Another one I worry about is how Novell spent
all this effort on MonoTouch (for C# on iPhone), and developers who use it,
and who knows if Apple will arbitrarily block all apps compiled with
MonoTouch too.  For anyone who has ever complained about Microsoft (instead
of complaining about Apple)...  There's probably a phrase for someone who
persecutes minor offenses (like Microsoft), and then ignores huge offenses
(like Apple, like Intel).

In any event, I personally am more into Qt for the desktop support (Windows,
Mac, GNOME, KDE).  I hope Qt is able to keep a strong desktop focus, despite
being owned by a mobile company (Nokia).