[Qt-interest] why does emit() crash

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Mon Jul 19 15:24:33 CEST 2010

Oluwafemi:

> is there something about emit calls that's hidden?

  Yes, in a sense. In an ordinary single-process, single-threaded Qt application,
  emit() should just become calls to each of the slot routines that you "connect()ed"
  to the signal that you emit.

  Perhaps one or more of the objects with the connected slot methods are no
  longer in existence so the attempt to call their slot method(s) fail?

  In any case, it should be easy to use a debugger to step through the
  emit into the various connected slot routines.

                                 Atlant