[Qt-interest] From one computer to another

Dan White ygor at comcast.net
Fri Jul 23 17:01:37 CEST 2010

FWIW, I figured out a trick on Mac OS X --

I create a disc image for a data-DVD, install/build Qt on that volume,
and then burn it to a DVD.
I can then put that DVD in any similar Mac and all I need to do is use
the full path to qmake on the .pro file and everything just works from
there.  I use this technique to keep previous versions handy.

It could maybe work the same way on a Microsoft machine.  I do not
have one to experiment with.

A similar possibility is to build Qt on a USB thumb drive.  The 4 and
8 Gb drives are not that expensive if you shop around.