[Qt-interest] Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x1040700) with this library (version 0x40700)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Oct 14 01:32:48 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 13. October 2010 20.33.01 Joshua Grauman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting this error on running my app on MacOSX. I know the gist of the
> error and on Linux know how to fix it. I've been trying to find any other
> versions of Qt on my system and can't find any, so I'm not sure why I'm
> getting this error. It looks like from the version numbers that both are
> Qt4.7.0, so I don't know what the extra 1 is on the first version number.
> I just installed Qt4.7.0 and it put its libraries in
> /Libraries/Frameworks. I also have a library linked against Qt that I also
> link to my program, but I've recompiled everything against the latest Qt
> that I've installed. I've run otool -l on my binary and my libraries and
> everything looks good to me. Any thoughts? Thanks!

That extra 1 comes from a KDE Qt copy patch that is used to mark that the
library has been modified by KDE and may contain incompatible private changes.
If you see this error, it usually means there is one or more changes to
private functionality that are not BC (such as
QObjectPrivate::checkWindowRole)

This error means that the system found a library of one build, loaded a plugin
from another build, which triggered loading a library (usually QtDBus) from
this second build. The incompatibility is caused by QtDBus using
QObjectPrivate for accessing the current sending QObject and signal from
inside a slot (i.e., equivalent of QObject::sender, but also for the sender's
signal ID).

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358