[Qt-interest] Building Qt Projects...

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Oct 29 17:19:59 CEST 2010

On 10/29/10 10:54 AM, in article
EBDAAC048EBA3D4B8F00BB32CC24C8D9473E92CA at mail-east-2.exchange2.ara.wan,
"Eric Clark" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have been using Qt for quite some time now, but I have always used the
> prebuilt binaries that come with my commercial edition. However, I have now
> upgraded to VS 2010 and Qt has not upgraded yet, so I need to build Qt on my
> own. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to get
> started? I need to generate the VS 2008 project files so that I can convert
> them to VS 2010. If anyone could give me some guidance or a link to directions
> on how to generate the project files, that would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank You,
> Eric

This is what I use on windows to compile up Qt. Use a "Visual Studio Command
Prompt" to navigate to the top level of the Qt source code. Then issue this:

configure -nomake demos -nomake examples -debug-and-release -shared -fast
-exceptions -stl -graphicssystem runtime -no-qt3support

NOTE: those options are how _I_ like my Qt built. Your choices may vary. Use
configure --help to get the full list. For Visual Studio you will ABSOLUTELY
want -debug-and-release as an option.

HTH
--
Mike Jackson