[QtonPi] Fwd: Beginner's problem compiling Qt5

paulovictor.pinheiro at gmail.com paulovictor.pinheiro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 22:03:24 CEST 2012

Hello Martin,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Martin Björkström <
martin.bjorkstrom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paulo,
>
> It seems that the '-no-pch' flag was already added to "Troubleshooting"
> section by someone else. Regarding the '-nomake', it took me a little more
> than an hour to compile QtBase using only two cores (make -j 2) and it
> seems that both 'examples' and 'tests' directories have been left untouched.

Good to know.

However, a howto on "resetting and cleaning the git repo" would be helpful
> in the "Troubleshooting" section. Should be done every time if 'configure'
> or 'make' fails.
> ~/opt/qt5/qtbase$ git reset --hard
> ~/opt/qt5/qtbase$ git clean  -dxf

I'll add that when i get home. Also add a step to ensure that the branch of
all repos are in "master" and updated. Is the documentation ready to be put
in the main page of the wiki(http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt_5_on_Raspberry_Pi
) ?