[QtonPi] How to build "native" qmake? Use "cross-compiled" version to build "native" of qmake?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Fri Aug 24 23:28:46 CEST 2012

The executables have to matter, no?  I built qmake to run on the x86 but
produce makefiles that will build ARM assemblies using the cross toolchain
and installing to a specific sysroot....

On Friday, August 24, 2012, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:
> Both should be fine theoritically. Although, since I still do not have a
raspberry pi, just a pandaboard, cannot verify exactly in the practice. It
does not matter where the executable comes from since it should be working
either way.

> By the way, they are also applications just like your "Qt5 applications"
which you can build either way, and then run. Whether, there are practical
difficulties, that is another question.

> Laszlo
>
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Felipe Crochik <qt-project at b2-4ac.com>
wrote:

>> I successfully followed the instructions on the beginners guide and have
Qt5 for RaspberryPi and now can compile Qt5 applications on my ubuntu/x86
for the "pi"

>> Now to the second challenge: how can build the "qtbase" (moc, qmake,
...) tools so I can run then natively on the Pi? Can I use the "cross"
version of them to build them again but now to run on the Pi? Or is it the
only option to actually build all from source on the pi? I didn't try but
have to assume that just getting a fresh version of the source tree and
building the qtbase folder using "qmake" (without ./configure) like we
built the other modules will not work, right?

>> p.s. I know that cross-compiling is the best option but if the
RaspberryPi will introduce "children" to software development it is is only
fair that we introduce them to "Qt" (w/o requiring another computer) :)