[QtonPi] How to build "native" qmake? Use "cross-compiled" version to build "native" of qmake?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Mon Aug 27 13:41:59 CEST 2012

Laszlo,

Most likely I am the one missing some nuance here...just in case:
I followed the instructions on the "beginner's" wiki and after "compiling
qtbase" I got on my "host" an "/usr/local/qt5pi/bin/" folder with qmake
(x86 binary) and got on the "mounted" sysroot a subfolder
"/usr/local/qt5pi" with an include and lib folders (ARM binaries). Where
would I find the qmake ARM binary? I just checked on the "qtbase" source
folder and the binaries under it are also X86.

My assumption is that I can use the cross "qtbase tools" (x86) to build a
new set of "qtbase tools" (arm). I also assume that I could build the
qtbase straight on the raspberry pi but that should take much longer.

Thanks,
Felipe