[Qtwebengine] Encrypted Media Extensions support?

Mike Nolan me at mknln.com
Thu Oct 30 22:16:26 CET 2014

Hello,

I am wanting to know - are the Encrypted Media Extensions APIs supported?

I notice that when I visit Netflix (after doing the trick to override the
User Agent that you can find all over the Internet), I still see the
"Whoops, something went wrong - Please update your browser" message. Yet
at the same time I noticed some hints that it will be supported (e.g., the
presence of the file
./third_party/WebKit/Source/platform/drm/ContentDecryptionModule.h) and
know that it works already in Chrome.

I also should note that I built the slightly-older 0.9 branch of
qtwebengine because I am currently using Qt 5.3.

Given the above, can I expect the EME extensions to be enabled eventually,
or can they even be made to work now with some step I am missing?

Thanks,
Mike