[Releasing] Meeting minutes: Release team meeting Dec 11, 2012

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 20:41:30 CET 2012

On terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2012 19.15.32, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Lets see how this goes. Our strong preference is for 18th due to many
> reasons, mainly the holidays kicking in which means less people to discuss
> in different forums, less marketing impact, less people in the support team
> during holidays etc. But naturally we want to ensure there is enough
> testing done based on RC2.
>
> I would like RC2 to be so good we do not need to do almost no fixes to it.
> Good thing is that RC1 was already very good and we have been able to
> address many items since that.
>
> Most of the feedback we will anyway receive from users based on 5.0.0 and
> then fix into 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.1.0 etc

I understand the timing issue and, due to the holidays, we may be able to flex
the schedule a little.

But if we want to do that, we should go out and *seek* feedback now.

For example, have Linux distributions tried to build Qt 5? Do they have their
packaging ready?

Are our people running Creator with Qt 5?

I haven't seen many packaging testing reports sent here...