[Releasing] Release process for QMF and Qt Mobility

Robin Burchell robin+qt at viroteck.net
Thu Dec 13 13:59:38 CET 2012

Hi Tuukka,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:15 AM, Turunen Tuukka
<Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com> wrote:
> Yes. Although most of the current work of e.g. ex-Mobility modules is inside Qt 5 it is still desired to do at least one official upgrade of these, maybe more if there is need.

We plan on using Qt Mobility at least for our first software release
(before migration to Qt 5), so I think it's safe to say that we'd like
to see a few more, depending on patches, yes.

> There are some nice fixes on top of 1.2.2 so the next bundle should be 1.2.3.

I'd agree with 1.2.3, or 1.3.0 - I kind of prefer sticking with 1.2.x
as 1.3.x usually implies (at least in Qt land) that there have been
some reasonably large changes, and that isn't really the case.

> The key issue is to run verification for all those platforms we have in 4.8. So in case you can also test the baseline on reference win, mac, linux configs it helps a lot in getting the release out.

If by "test the baseline" you mean running tests, then doing that for
all of the platforms isn't really possible for us, as we don't have
the platform expertise to do that. However: we can offer to volunteer
effort towards getting build (and autotests) running at least on Linux
in CI (presumably working with Sergio or someone who has access to the
CI system), and the tests in some form of reasonable shape though, as
this is an area that we do know more about (as we're working on Linux)
and this work directly benefits us.

> In case you have more fixes coming in during 2013 it might make sense to do the 1.2.3 release first and base the development on it.

I'd agree.

BR,

Robin