[Releasing] Drafting Qt 5 Beta announcement

jason.mcdonald at nokia.com jason.mcdonald at nokia.com
Fri Jun 8 14:41:49 CEST 2012

> - What have been the relevant activities between the alpha release and
> now? We are looking for things to highlight in the summary as well as
> new details in the What's New section.
[snip]
> - Any changes to the What's New section?
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Alpha#33871b6190a8d5adbe8b15282054766c
> Otherwise we will keep it as is.

You may be able to harvest some information by reading the list of Jira tasks closed against the "5.0.0 Beta 1" version.  If you filter out "Qt 5 to-do" and anything that's P3, P4 or P5, that should leave you with a list of the high-priority tasks that have already been closed for the Beta and are of potential interest to users.

> - Any changes in the Known Issues section? Otherwise we will keep what we have.

Anything already closed against 5.0.0 Beta 1 in Jira should be removed from the Known Issues list.

You may also want to selectively add items from the list of Jira tasks that are open against the "5.0.0 RC 1" version tag.

--
Jason