[Releasing] Drafting Qt 5 Beta announcement

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Thu Jun 7 17:50:30 CEST 2012

Hi, we want to have the Qt 5 Beta announcement page ready days before
the actual release in order to avoid unnecessary last minute rush.

This time it will be a static HTML page in order to offer a nicer layout
than the wiki pages. The drawback is that you will need access to one of
the editors (Alexandra, Carol, MariusG, myself) if you need last minute
changes.

The idea is to work on the content of
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Alpha and update wherever is needed.
Lars & co, can you help answering these questions? Don't worry about
final wording as long as you give us the relevant info:

- What have been the relevant activities between the alpha release and
now? We are looking for things to highlight in the summary as well as
new details in the What's New section.

- I guess there are no changes in the Essentials modules?
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-Essentials-Modules

- Are we including Add-on modules in the release? If so, will they be
part of the same binary as Essentials or shipped separately?

- Any new modules that weren't released in the alpha?

- The announcement assumes that there is a page with the binaries for
download and any relevant instructions. Who is working on that page and
can you share the URL?

- Any changes to the What's New section?
http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5-Alpha#33871b6190a8d5adbe8b15282054766c
Otherwise we will keep it as is.

- Any changes in the Known Issues section? Otherwise we will keep what
we have.

- New screenshots, videos, demos, examples etc are welcome. Otherwise we
will rely on what we had for the alpha.

Anything else? Just tell us.  :)

--
Quim