[Releasing] [Development] Qt 5.0 beta and final timelines

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed May 16 17:51:02 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 16 de maio de 2012 22.53.02, techabc wrote:
> When would alpha 2 happen?

That's a good question. I recommend we start producing packages now and
release as alpha2 the first one that we get to compile and consider to be at
least the same quality as the first alpha.

We should then continue producing packages periodically, checking the binary
package builds and beta blocker tasks. Once we're satisfied with it, we release
the 5.0 beta package.

Note that we're now 5 weeks away from the QtCS. I do expect to require at
least 4 weeks to get the beta out.