[Releasing] [Development] brown paper bag issue in Qt 5.6.1 packages

Johanna Äijälä johanna.aijala at qt.io
Thu Jun 23 11:57:08 CEST 2016

Hi Thiago & all,

In addition what Tuukka wrote about RTA, currently I'm mainly responsible of the RTA tests for offline and online installers. The goal of the RTA is to minimize the need of manual testing, but everything can't be tested automatically, manual tests are always needed.

RTA tests installer functionality and the packages that are installed, it does not test the content in git repositories.

There are two level of tests, RTA smoke and RTA full tests.
- Smoke test set takes couple of hours to run and analyze. RTA smoke is done before manual test requests are send out, it does a sanity check for the installer by verifying that installer installs correct content with default settings and builds all examples to verify that the content works, also light QtCreator testing is included.
- Full test round takes about 48 hours. It is done parallel with manual testing. Tests include installing with different options, license checking, source package tests (content and licenses check and building Qt with different configure options) and some iOS and Android deployment tests.

Test execution times depends on the number of available machines, RTA uses same build machines as coin.

Br,
Johanna