[Development] UDS feedback

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat May 12 22:33:37 CEST 2012

On sábado, 12 de maio de 2012 22.01.09, Sergio Ahumada Navea wrote:
> > 1. Qt SDK vs Ubuntu repo install - Currently, Qt SDK is a separate
> > download from Nokia website. Ubuntu packages creator and Qt. This
> > could cause confusion as to which to choose. I think the decision made
> > here was that this is not entirely solvable since Qt SDK contains much
> > more than creator and Qt (it has the sysroots and toolchains required
> > for the devices). Is it possible for us to bundle sysroots and
> > toolchains separately? That way, ubuntu repos can be the definitive
> > place to download creator and qt.
>
> Are you saying that I'll have to download Qt 5 for my Fedora 17 from an
> Ubuntu repository ? I think I didn't understand this point.

No, that was only in the context of what the Ubuntu community officially
recommends to its own users.

Other distributions may choose to do the same, or point to the official SDK
which we release.

> > 2. Rename our qt5 tool binaries - the binary names of moc, uic, qmake
> > conflict in qt3 and qt4. Now with qt5, we will have another conflict.
> > Is it possible to rename all our tool binaries to be moc5, qmake5? Are
> > Qt4 qmake and Qt5 qmake completely compatible (I think not). Ossi,
> > comments?
>
> Why not to rename qmake (from Qt3 and Qt4) as qmake-qt3 and qmake-qt4
> respectively in the distribution ?

They already have a qmake-qt4, which they accomplish by applying a patch. The
question is whether we're willing to rename the tool ourselves.