[Development] Help: Qt CS pre-scheduled sessions

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Wed May 16 20:20:02 CEST 2012

On 05/15/2012 07:53 PM, ext Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> I would like to preschedule a session to discuss the state of Qt5 on
> various embedded devices. I can drive this session.

OK, you got it. On Day 1, after lunch break.

http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2012/wiki/Program

The assumption is that you will start explaining the latest efforts done
on Qt in embedded, show some stuff and then open for questions & discussion.

Girish convinced me to add also

Qt in Desktop
Qt Wayland

as session deserving the big room & video recording. I can see the big
interest in those, so they are listed now as well. We still need to
confirm speakers, though.

This made Qt Core, Qt GUI and Qt Network move to smaller rooms, which is
fine. If you think these or other pre-scheduled session fit better in a
small room for 30 people let me know, please.

> Can we also have a sessions for Qt Widgets and Qt components? I can
> drive the former but not the latter.

We can pre-schedule Qt Widgets if you or someone wants to run a session
explaining the current situation and showing how it works in Qt 5. It
can be useful to have this recorded. If we are talking about a BoF type
of session to discuss about the future etc then maybe a smaller roo is
better and therefore no pre-scheduling is really needed.

Qt Components (or whatever is the name for this) is one of the topics
expected in the plenary session Betting on Qt Quick. The Desktop
components project can have there a person to showcase and explain their
work, just like we expect others to do the same.

Spin-off sessions are expected since this is a very hot topic. Which
ones should be pre-scheduled in the big room? Desktop components has the
ingredients to be one: added to Day 2.

--
Quim