[Development] Proposal: Change Qt Slogan

Uwe Rathmann Uwe.Rathmann at tigertal.de
Tue May 22 11:39:47 CEST 2012

On 05/22/2012 10:53 AM, d3fault wrote:

> Old Slogan: Code Once. Create More. Deploy Everywhere.

I'm afraid the options will be: code twice or to deploy not everywhere.

While Qt4 widgets were a full replacement of Qt3 widgets it is not clear
when - or if ever - Qt components will be able to supersede widgets on
all platforms.

Until this had happened you have to decide in which camp you want your
application to be. Even worse is the situation for a library, where you
want/need to serve both camps. Even if Qt5 is almost source code
compatible the consequences of this duality are much worse than what was
necessary to port from Qt3 to Qt4.

If I had a wish for Qt5 I would vote for a solution how to use widgets
and components in the same application.

Uwe

PS: like probably almost everyone I completely disagree with the rude
tone in this thread