[Interest] Is Qt Library for OS X frameworks only?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:37:23 CEST 2012

On 16/10/12 22:33, Andrea Franceschini wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just downloaded the latest Qt Library debug package for OS X. I was
> a bit surprised to only find frameworks, but more than that I was
> surprised not to find the tools, like qmake and everything. Is it just
> me or is there something wrong? In the meanwhile I'm going to install
> it via MacPorts but that's my computer, I can't be sure I'll be able
> to use MacPorts on every Mac I'll come across.

You can build it yourself without MacPorts.  The configure script allows
you to specify whether you want to build frameworks or not.  I myself
configure it as static libraries without frameworks.  That way you can
use dead code stripping and get smaller applications.

Qt doesn't have any third-party external dependencies, so MacPorts isn't
needed.