[Interest] Is Qt Library for OS X frameworks only?

Daniel Price daniel.price at fxhome.com
Wed Oct 17 13:51:48 CEST 2012

I always build Qt on the Mac without frameworks. I have no idea why Qt/mac defaults to using fraweworks as they add no value (with one exception - the dummy menu nib) and just make deployment 1000x harder.

I just get the impression that someone at Qt read an Apple document that implied that you MUST use frameworks and then blindly incorporated that in Qt. Qt is the only cross-platform project I know of that does this.