[Interest] Is Qt Library for OS X frameworks only?

Andrea Franceschini therealmorpheu5 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:17:00 CEST 2012

2012/10/17 Daniel Price <daniel.price at fxhome.com>:

> I always build Qt on the Mac without frameworks. I have no idea
> why Qt/mac defaults to using fraweworks as they add no value
> (with one exception - the dummy menu nib) and just make
> deployment 1000x harder.

I may very well be wrong on this but I thought frameworks get included
in the app bundle, hence making deployment way easier (but obviously
heavier as it's almost like statically linking libs inside the
executable). I find the shared libs deploy-once-run-everything better
from an engineering point of view, but I recognise Apple's bundles and
frameworks have some good points (like avoiding littering the
filesystem with exotic libs that are only used by one application).

--
Andrea Franceschini