[Interest] QHeaderView equivalent of QTableView::setSpan?

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue Mar 13 03:38:26 CET 2018

I'm trying to figure out how to have a horizontal QHeaderView's sections span multiple columns. I know that within the table itself, table cells can be merged via QTableView::setSpan(int row, int column, int rowSpanCount, int columnSpanCount), but as far as I can tell, that functionality doesn't seem to exist in the header? A quick Google points me to this https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22755171/spanning-horizontal-header-in-qt that shows an example subclassing QHeaderView - is that the only way this is possible?

If it matters, I don't really particularly care if I use QTableWidget or a QTableView. I can play with the subclassing approach if necessary, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. It seems like this should be built-in, it can't be that uncommon, can it?

Other possibly relevant specifications: the table will be read only, and the header would have header section 0 spanning just the first column, but then after that each header section would span 3 table columns, i.e.

| header 0 |          header 1          |          header 2           | ...

| table 0  | table 1 | table 2 | table 3| table 4 | table 5 | table 6 | ...

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com