[Interest] issues with Qt 5.9.3 with eglfs QPA_Platform on DRM/KMS kernel on Arm32/Mali HW

Andrea Venturi ennesimamail.av at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:47:06 CET 2018

hi Laszlo,

thanx for the prompt reply, here the bug filed:

  https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-67160

i'll continue my investigation too, let's hope to sort out something.

i'm wondering if there's a reason why the "widgets" are less used in
multi-screen setups. i supposed they were "first class citizens" of the
Qt Stack.

BTW if the issue is that they are typically "sw rendered"  only, that
could be a problem for me too, because i was trying to "leverage" the
OpenGL ES HW core in the A20 SOC to reduce CPU usage in a high refresh
rate app! :-|

anyway in my first tests with Wayland&Weston the same app was seeing a
huge relief (in terms of CPU load) then running as "Mesa3d" sw rendering
on the Linux simplefb. that's why i was hopefull!